Our Family

Saturday, April 25, 2009

Superman

So I decided the other day that I would sit down and watch Superman Returns... It had been a while and I really enjoyed that movie. Nathan and Logan sat down with me and watched it. Superman is now their favorite super hero and they have watched it numerous times since. So I decided to rent Superman (the original movie) on Netflix. Lucky for us, they had it on their instant streaming thing for the Xbox, so we just sat down and watched it.

In the beginning of the movie, when Jor'el and his wife send Superman to Earth, I was picking some things up off of the floor in front of the TV. Nathan was kind of sniffling, but spring allergies are in full swing at our house, so I didn't think much of it until he spoke. His voice was quivering and he sounded like he was really sad - on the verge of tears even - and like he had a big lump in his throat.

"Mom, they're never going to see their baby again," he said to me. I was shocked! Here was this 5 year old who understood the depth of what was happening and was moved to tears by it. He is so sensitive and caring that sometimes it surprises me, since he seems like a normal kid a lot of the time. I, of course, immediately went and hugged him and asked him why he was crying. His response was his usual... "I'm just fine. I'm just fine." :) I love him so much!

No comments: