So sorry for my lack of appearance in the wonderful online/blogging world as of late!
Things have been...
interesting.
Good news, though!
I finally found a doctor that isn't looking at me like I have one head and am trying to convince him that I have three...
It is SO NICE to be validated and to hear "that makes sense" when you explain your symptoms to a health care professional!
I can't tell you how happy I am that we finally found this great doctor. And the best part?
He's here in Boise!!
No more 5-6 hour trips and babysitters and money spent on gas and food and bugging family/friends for lodging!
YAY!!!
This new doctor said that he was pretty sure I had a Mitochondrial Myopathy, which is what I was thinking
(and the rest of my family was thinking too...)
CPT 2 Deficiency, which is the disease I'm pretty sure I have, is a specific Mitochondrial Myopathy. I am so happy to have a health care professional that knows what that is and knows what to do with it!
(The blue words above are linked to some information about these particular diseases)
So that's my good news for the day.
I want to send out a big thanks to all of you for reading my blog! It means so much to me.
More, I think, than I could ever express in this language or any other.
Because of you, I have continued this writing, which has, in turn, helped me through so much.
I really appreciate you and all you do for me.
THANK YOU!!




No comments:
Post a Comment