Our Family

Saturday, February 27, 2010

I give you.... SPRING!


 You can see some of the many nests in the neighboring trees in this picture.  Some of them are HUGE!  I don't think we have any huge birds around here, but we definitely have some huge nests!

This is what it looks like right now if you look out my back door.

It's overcast, and it has been raining all night.

Doesn't look very Spring-y, does it?

But if you look more closely at the picture with the fence...




This Robin is one of the fattest I have ever seen.  No joke!

They say that Robins are the first sign of Spring!

So even though it's still February, and it's still cold outside, my tulips are at least 3 or 4 inches tall and there are Robins outside.
Yay!
I am SOOOOO ready for Spring!!
Bring on the warm!

This is what it sounds like outside now.  It's been like this for about a week.



Enjoy the beautiful sounds of Spring in Meridian, Idaho anyway!

As soon as the sun comes up, and even a little before, you can hear this outside.  It's almost hard to sleep through!
But one of my FAVORITE things to wake up to is the sound of birds chirping outside.  It reminds me of my Great-Grandpa's house in Mesa, Arizona.
The birds were always singing there, and there were trees right outside the window of the room I always slept in when we visited.
It was the greatest feeling in the world to wake up to the beautiful songs of the birds outside.
I LOVED it!
And still do.

I am excited for Spring and Summer.  I think I'm mostly excited for warmer weather (which means I won't hurt so much), but I'm also excited for all of the activities that this change in season brings.
Baseball!
Swimming Lessons!
Playing Outside and at Parks!
Barbeques!
Planting My Garden!!

Yes.
I have Spring Fever - BADLY!

I'm hoping that I can hold out until Spring really comes...

1 comment:

Me, Myself and I said...

I have added you to LDS Listings. THANKS!