Isn't this sock monkey cute? My son has one a lot like it, except it's gray and white with one red button eye and one green button eye. My sister made it and then later gave it to him. He has treasured it ever since!
I am super excited for this time of year!
It's the season just before Spring, but still a part of winter.
It is a quiet time of year.
Most people hate this part of the year because of the cold weather, the lack of holidays, and the lack of sunlight.
While I don't like any of those parts of this season, I do like
(no, I would have to say love)
the time I have during this time of year!
The kids don't have any sports, lessons, or after-school things, and there are no holidays or birthdays to prepare for.
My mom and I get out the crafts for the whole year
(all of the ones we've been putting off during the busier seasons of the year)
and we watch movies together while we work on crafts.
We might even watch the Olympics this year...
{whoo hoo!!}
It's great!
These are just a few examples of things that I like to do during the craft season.
These pictures are not actually things I've done. They are things that a friend of mine has done.
You should check out her ideas! She also has incredible pricing on her vinyl lettering!
Vinyl lettering is my friend!
I also love doing my sewing projects during the craft season.
The only problem with that this year, is that I have no sewing machine!
Gahhh!!
I can do most of the stuff by hand, and I usually prefer it that way, but doing the initial basting stitch and the stay-stitching is SOOOOO much easier on the machine.
I.
So.
Need.
A.
Machine!
It's just interesting (and difficult and complicated and frustrating) trying to sew a little blessing dress, as well as skirts and stuff like that, completely by hand.
Grrrr...
My mother-in-law just got back from a wonderful vacation with her brother, sister-in-law, and her mother. They went to Hawaii.
(SO JEALOUS!!)
In addition to the great T-Shirts and pictures and things that she brought back, my dear mother-in-law brought back a TON of shells. I was so excited for the shells!
I have a HUGE collection of shells from Bear Lake in Utah (our big family camping trip last summer) and I immediately thought of all of the great shell-themed crafts the kids and I could do to preserve these beautiful keep-sakes. I am thinking of doing some picture frames, some key-chains, maybe even some necklaces/bracelets or some earrings.
Which brings me to my next thought!
Tyler and I are in desperate need of funding for our adoption endeavors.
We can't get a loan
(we're in the process of trying to pay off our 1,000s of debt right now - we don't want ANY more!)
and we don't have that much in savings. So that got me thinking...
One of my most favorite people in the world has a shop on Etsy.com that she and her friends use to finance their adoptions (among other things, I'm sure) and I thought I'd copy her.
Not really copy her, of course.
Just the Etsy idea.
I think it's great!









No comments:
Post a Comment